1. Welcome to Valkyr Australia, we're a well-established Australian gaming community based around a minecraft server. . Withermoar

Here are some links that you might find useful.

Vote Failed Oz's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Oz_Assassin, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Should Oz_Assassin be a Moderator?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

tumblr_m4xuv2vasC1rpbxguo1_500.gif
    Oh well, I give it a shot every time, so I'll try regardless.

Ich bin Oz
    Alrighty. I'm certain you all know me by now. I've been here for what's approaching three years.
    I joined this server in its early days, about a month after it was opened by Valk. I'd been searching for a good 'Strayan server for a while that wasn't shockingly overpopulated, so it was a diamond in the rough I suppose you could say. With personalities such as Slay_Ganj, FryMyBurger, and MeSoHorny, Valkyr quickly become a server which I had a genuinely fun time being on.

Fast forward a couple of years, and you'll see I've stuck with the server, and still have a strong commitment to it. I can't exactly say what the reason might be, given that I know for a fact I have 0 interest in Minecraft itself anymore. Personally I believe it's thanks to the excellent community which I've grown incredibly fond of, and I love you all (xoxo). Seeing as being a Moderator is a role which revolves mostly around social interaction, I'm eager to put my love of the community to work by assisting the members of it.

Most recently, I've been promoted to the rank of Wiki Editor; a rank every so graciously bestowed upon me by Fauxrique. Essentially my role (as the name suggests) is to maintain the correctness and grammatical integrity of our Wiki. The task is made much easier given that I am on the forums on a daily basis, which happens to be one of the criteria for the moderator position. I corrected any visible errors which I could notice on the Wiki within the first hour of my promotion as a show of my commitment to the position. I can assure all of you that you would see the same, if not greater punctuality in the tasks assigned to me as a moderator.

I've seen many people come and go, and have witnessed firsthand or heard about every forum argument, major griefing event #thatonetimesomeonehackedvalksaccountandruinedspawn, and server reset. Despite my mostly immature actions and attitudes, I have a firm understanding of the server values and how to formally enforce them. It's a dynamic environment, with ever-changing interactions and events

The only occurrence wherein supreme power has gone to my head was on a temporary server. @Phobos_au , @Mr Spontaneous and myself decided to have a bit of fun by terrorising @Reimaku and @TrueRedMEDIA (Yeah sorry about that one, lads). Regardless, all negative choices lead towards better ones being made in the future, and I certainly learnt a thing or two from the events of that day. :P

I hope to morph my daily routine of jumping around aimlessly and spamming chat with song lyrics into something more productive and beneficial to the community.

If you feel you can trust me, it'd mean an immense amount to show your support by voting 'Yes'.

I'll try my best not to let you all down!

#oz2013
    #sweg
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. TrueRedMEDIA

TrueRedMEDIA Donator

Minecraft Username:
    sconnius
    Hmmm I forgive you for such a ghastly display of "Gone crazy with power", but I'm on a 50/50 decision to say "yay or nay", if you can convince me on one....... more............ thing. I will very much try and persuade the left side of My brain to make My right hand click that little button for yes.
  3. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

Sure. Let me know what it is that you need convincing on and I'll do my best.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TrueRedMEDIA

TrueRedMEDIA Donator

Minecraft Username:
    sconnius
    That once I click yes and if you become moderator we never have the same incident as we did on the temp world, but that we remain friends on this server (and everywere else), and never depart from that, and if you do not become Moderator, this is ok, you can still give it another shot next time. :D
  5. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

Sure, no problem. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TrueRedMEDIA

TrueRedMEDIA Donator

Minecraft Username:
    sconnius
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Mother Wippin

Mother Wippin Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Khalisto
    MOTHER2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

Por que no los dos?
  9. Polificus

Polificus Junior Xray Hunter

Minecraft Username:
    Polificus
    This is Oz's application, I don't think you need to promote yourself here.

It seems you have some thought into this Oz, hopefully people at least have a read before placing a verdict.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr Spontaneous

Mr Spontaneous Donator

Minecraft Username:
    jacobmcc08
    I voted no instantly but i want to change to a yes now :(
    Can i somehow? am i blind and cant see the vote again button?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Polificus

Polificus Junior Xray Hunter

Minecraft Username:
    Polificus
    One time only afaik
  12. Phobos_au

Phobos_au Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Phobos_au
    You get a yes vote for having an Inbetweeners gif
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mr Spontaneous

Mr Spontaneous Donator

Minecraft Username:
    jacobmcc08
    Everyone take one off the no's and put one on the yes! Thats my vote.

Oz for el presidente de moderatero
    • Like Like x 1
  14. McBakes

McBakes Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Reimaku
    It's a yes from me dude but you better be an awesome modder if you get accepted.
    • Love Love x 1
  15. McBakes

McBakes Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Reimaku
    Let_Me_Love_You.gif
    • Love Love x 1
  16. bprc

bprc Premium Donator

Minecraft Username:
    bprc
  17. cuzboy2000

cuzboy2000 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    cuzbot2000
    OZDOUBLEASS FOR MOD
  18. shephard

shephard Winner of Hunger Games #1

Minecraft Username:
    sheppz
    Once you become mod oz, could you ban me cause I don't want to see my best friend grow up! We had good times being "Cool dudes" :( </3
  19. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

• Love Love x 2
  20. Professor Korrok

Professor Korrok GIF MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

Minecraft Username:
    SheDoesntEvenGoHere
    tumblr_mnbk2hqzl91qdlctho2_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_mnbk2hqzl91qdlctho1_500.gif
    • Love Love x 2