1. Welcome to Valkyr Australia, we're a well-established Australian gaming community based around a minecraft server. . Withermoar

Here are some links that you might find useful.

Return of Korrok

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Professor Korrok, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Should Professor Korrok Be a moderator

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. Professor Korrok

Professor Korrok GIF MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

Minecraft Username:
    SheDoesntEvenGoHere
    Hello Foe/Helen
    tumblr_inline_mjn2bnMYRu1qz4rgp.gif
    It has been just under a year since I retired, and with this economy I must return to the workforce.
    Pros of bringing me back:
    1. It's me
    2. I'm already a prolific moderator
    3. Foe and I will most likely blow something up
    4. I can read Binary and can do IPv6 Subnetting if need be, but probably not considering IPv6 isn't widely used yet
    5. Go to 1
    Cons of bringing me back:
    1. It's me
    2. I'm already a prolific moderator
    3. Foe and I will most likely blow something up
    So in short about my decision to return

tumblr_lykgu6ncS51qjihk3o4_250.gif
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Native_99

Native_99 Mr. Nice Guy

Minecraft Username:
    Native_99
    you've been gone forever.jpg
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fauxrique

Fauxrique The Deposed Despot

Minecraft Username:
    Fauxrique
  4. Professor Korrok

Minecraft Username:
    SheDoesntEvenGoHere
    Foerick, my love, I left to go outside. I can confirm the existence of the Sun at last!
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Blasta181

Blasta181 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    blasta181
    Am I the only one seeing the problem here? Every time there are mod apps the old mods are like "OI WAIT I WANNA BE A MOD AGAIN" not trying to be rude but let some new blood in, the main reason mods became retired (not just you korrok) is because either they became sick of being a mod or didnt have time for it

If you become a mod again it will most likely happen again, but new blood for example native will in the long run stay on for longer and be more enthusiastic about the job
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Native_99

Native_99 Mr. Nice Guy

Minecraft Username:
    Native_99
    You're a braver man (I'm pretty sure man is the right word) than I. Quite frankly, the outernet terrifies me.

This is not necessarily true. Yes, mods retire because they don't have the time. However, if a retired mod is reinstated, it is because they are in a position to begin moderating again. They also have done the job before, so we can be confident that they know how to moderate and will strengthen the team.
    Notice however, that the available slots haven't decreased after oli got reinstated. So nobody's chance at moderator has been decreased. I really don't see the problem you have.

Edit: 1000th Post! :D
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fauxrique

Fauxrique The Deposed Despot

Minecraft Username:
    Fauxrique
    Oli was reinstated because he has shown a presence and proved that the reason he retired is no longer an issue.

I am not taking Korrok's request seriously and he hasn't demonstrated a true desire to return.

muzza299 was reinstated after he clarified what he meant by inactive. (less active than before rather than not active at all)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Professor Korrok

Minecraft Username:
    SheDoesntEvenGoHere
    to be totally honest, I was only mildly serious when I re-applied. I was only looking for something to do while I have a lot of free time.
    As for losing interest in being a mod, I retired on October 30th to go do some major life reshaping e.g. removing shitty people from life, solidifying new contacts. I merely became extremely busy because I procrastinated for way longer than I should have, and when I retired I talked privately with Valk at the time, and while there was no discussion of returning things were left pretty open.
    If our great and sexy lord so wishes to have me back I shall help out whenever I am able, but otherwise go nuts with the new kids!
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oz_Assassin

Oz_Assassin Donator

Looks like you pulled that right off of some melodramatic teenage girl's tumblr.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Native_99

Native_99 Mr. Nice Guy

Minecraft Username:
    Native_99
    Hey, I'm sure Hannah is a very sensible girl.
  11. Z3CHN0

Z3CHN0 Donator

Minecraft Username:
    Z
    HAH!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1